Topic: Ice Crystal

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx? … p;libid=40

This one had been held up, but finally it's out. smile Enjoy. I certainly enjoyed making this screensaver.

Re: Ice Crystal

Hello.

I've tried it and... IT'S AMAZING!!!

Thank you smile

EDIT: Would you mind me to add your screensaver to "Interesting InstantStorm screensaver links"?

Ondrej Vaverka
InstantStorm Developer

No problem at all. big_smile

What an amazing saver! This is like the first InstantStorm screensaver with such advanced settings I've seen, great job smile
Using it as my default saver now.

Jan Kolařík
InstantStorm Developer

Please support our new non-governmental organization for improving public transit in our city – MHD Uherské Hradiště

Thanks. smile

Yeah it was the reason I had to delay the release while the bug I found was being fixed. smile I wanted to keep those settings dialog.

Last edited by Iare Tosevite (07/20/2007 08:20:59 AM)

This screensaver is very very cool - Is there anyway to get this to work using duel monitors?  Right now it only displays on one monitor.

Yeah, only Vivi and Opaquit can answer that. They're currently too busy with schoolwork so far I know. smile I plan to update all my screensavers when they release new version.

Hi,
I'm back... we're definitely sorry for this bug. The dual monitor support should be working and I still have no idea why it does not work for you. Anyway, we're getting back to InstantStorm work next week so the new version should be done soon (with a completely rewritten screensaver engine). Some preview screenshots will be published as well.

Jan Kolařík
InstantStorm Developer

Please support our new non-governmental organization for improving public transit in our city – MHD Uherské Hradiště

Hey, i would love to see your screensaver but it will not play. It just tells me i need a flash player compnent and to go to the website and download it. I have flash, and flash stuff works on my computer. I am running WIndows Vista x64. ever have this problem and know how to fix it?

Yeah Ice Crystal was made in version that won't work with Vista 64 bit. I will evenually update once new version is out. smile

I have Vista x64, and it worked perfectly first time! Later I reinstalled my system and now the same problem, because of the flash player (it weren't installed before the ice crystal). sad
You made the best screensaver I have ever seen, congratulations!! :-D

Yeah? Must be interaction between Flash and Vista 64 bit. Weird. I can't wait for new version because I have a  new screensaver to upload. I'm still working on rather weird prototype screensaver.

This screensaver tells me that I should install a Flash Component. I have already downloaded the component and installed it. How come I'm still getting the same message? I'm using Vista x32 by the way, if that makes any difference. smile

I think it depends on version thats now outdated, and they are still working on new version of instantstorm, and I'm still waiting for it to release newer version of Ice Crystal as well as three others, two being unreleased as yet.

Hello,
don't worry, it'll be released very soon. We're now working on graphics, almost all new functions are ready by now.
Lairusi, there was a workaround in forum, here is the link:http://www.instantstorm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=449

Ondrej Vaverka
InstantStorm Developer

Vavi wrote:

Hello,
don't worry, it'll be released very soon. We're now working on graphics, almost all new functions are ready by now.
Lairusi, there was a workaround in forum, here is the link:http://www.instantstorm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=449

Thank you. I will try this ASAP. smile

Thanks. With the new files and by changing the folder it runs on Vista x64 / Flash 10.

New version have been uploaded. Same link as at orginial post.

Great! I gotta say Ice Crystal is still my favorite saver, I've used it on my PC since 2007. smile

Jan Kolařík
InstantStorm Developer

Thanks. Its been my screensaver since 2007 too.

Instantstorm don't seem to have selectable option on making default or not?

Noo, it doesn't work on Windows 8. :-( Ice Crystal is the best screen saver I've ever seen - since I showed it in the Uni a lot of people 'stole' from me.

Hi acorus,
we are aware of the Windows 8 compatibility issue and we will work on it.

Thank you.

Ondrej Vaverka
InstantStorm Developer

Wow been a bit since I last logged. I didn't know windows 8 broke support. sad

I hope it'll be fixed eventually.